Health, Safety & Envriomental Consulting
The Vital Companies specialize in building a solid foundation, implementation, and maintenance of safety programs for companies in the Oil & Gas industry. We provide assistance to our customers to make sure they are compliant with the regulations of OSHA, DOT, and EPA. We function in the capacity of an in house HSE Manager at fraction of the cost of an in house salary.
What do we do?
OSHA 300 Reporting and Recordkeeping
• Maintain company specific OSHA 300 & 300A logs.
• File quarterly WC 1017-A reports to LADOL.
• Generate Near-Miss and Accident/Incident reports.
• Complete post accident First Report of Injury forms.
• Manage Worker's Comp file/claims for all post accidents.
Facility Inspections and Audits
• Perform regular facility walk-thru inspections identifying workplace hazards.
• Document observations and provide corrective action results for each.
• Generate hazard findings report and consult with appropriate person.
• Perform facility audit based on regulatory requirements.
• Audit Policy & Procedure manual/handbook based on regulatory requirements.
• Audit Safety/Training Program Manual based on regulatory requirements.
• Generate entire manuals outlined above if necessary.
• Annual updates/revisions of manuals outlined above.
Generate Required Regulatory Inspection Logs
• Chemical Inventory / MSDS Book.
• Forklift Inspection.
• Rigging Hardware (slings, shackles, etc.)
• Fall Protection/Ladder/Climbing Devices.
• Administer and maintain the company ISNetworld SSQ if mandated by clients.
External Audit Representation
• Present during any audit, inspection, etc. by any insurance company or agency.
• Conduct formal accident investigations on all incidents to determine root cause.
• Communicate findings to company point of contact.
• Generate near miss reports on all near misses.
• Conduct monthly safety meetings.
• Review any near miss reports.
• Discuss any incidents occurring during the month.
• Field any employee safety related questions.
•Conduct Drug & Alcohol Screening (random, post-accident, etc.)
Generate Accidental Injury/Illness Protocol
• Set up affiliation with an Occupational Medical Clinic for treatment of employees in lieu of ER.
• Results in tremendous cost savings for the company.
• Employee gets released back to work sooner saving time and money.
Generate Emergency Action Plan
• Conduct annual fire drill as required.
• Develop emergency evacuation routes and post where required.